With the best asset management software, you can take an inventory of all hardware and software within your company to simplify the decision-making process concerning their purchase and redistribution. Record of assets is a must for regulatory compliance. Besides, accurate managing of physical and digital assets helps plan resources effectively.
- ManageEngine AssetExplorer - For small and medium enterprises
- Asset Panda - Flexible Asset Tracking Software
- MMSoft Pulseway - Remote monitoring and management
- SysAid - Online service with Help Desk functionality
- Nifty - Project management tool for teams
- SolarWinds Service Desk - Manage your IT infrastructure
- ServiceNow - Management through a single cloud platform
- NinjaRMM - For small and midsize businesses
- GoCodes - For all types of assets with depreciation
- Ivanti IT Asset Management Suite - Total asset optimization
- BMC Helix Track-It! - IT service management platform for Windows
IT organizations deal with a lot of physical and software assets, however, there are many other asset types that a company might have to keep track of. To avoid extra costs and losses related to violation of licensing conditions and to automate processes, you can use special programs.
1. ManageEngine AssetExplorer – Our Choice
For small and medium enterprises
- Hosted on the cloud, browser-based
- Supports assets based on VMs
- Tracks networked and non-networked assets
- Relationship maps
Verdict: This is the best asset management software as it provides great reporting and tracking options, supports physical and virtual assets.
It’s one of the best network monitoring tools. This software was designed for managing IT tools created for particular tasks. It won’t be useful for working with IT infrastructures, which have a lot of paid features that you don’t really need. The program surpasses competitors thanks to such advanced options as reporting and relationship maps.
2. Asset Panda
Flexible asset tracking software
- Free apps for Android and iOS
- Customizable fields
- Low annual cost
- Adjustable CVS import
- Lack of network discovery options
- No remote access to machines
Verdict: This is a great asset management tool as it provides full customizability, supports different mobile devices, is cloud-integrated, offers reporting and other features. It’s well-thought-out and allows you to manage a lot of physical assets and a complex set of storage, shipping and logistics processes.
Practically anything, including custom required fields and actions, can be easily adjusted using the web dashboard. If you need to use more advanced options for status control based on group and type of asset, this is exactly what you need.
3. MMSoft Pulseway
Remote monitoring and management
- Robust and simple-to-use mobile client
- Boasts two-factor authentication
- Sleek, intuitive UI
- Offers iPad app with all the features
- Limited reporting possibilities
- Managed assets have to be networked
Verdict: This is the best asset management software as it offers many features, especially useful for medium and large organizations, which have complex infrastructure and requirements for assets. Since the majority of IT admins pay the most attention to mobile asset management, they have to use top software for this.
As for management, it provides great reporting and supports different types of devices. Besides, it offers good remote support, allows users to cover on-premises and cloud infrastructures. If your organization specializes in photography services, this is the best digital asset management software for photographers.
Online service with Help Desk functionality
- Help-desk integration
- Features patch management options
- Provides monitoring
- Offers broadcast messages
- Switches off every 10 minutes if you’re not using it
Verdict: This is the top asset management software as it comes with plenty of functions and allows you to fully customize it. It has a fast learning curve and features an impressive toolset.
With it, you can improve agent productivity and end-user experience, which will benefit your company. Due to in-built management options and enhanced automation, SysAid will help you solve the main challenges that organizations have to deal with nowadays.
Project management tool for teams
- Easy-to-navigate interface
- Allows tracking active and expired tasks
- Sharing options
- Milestone tracking
- Sometimes lags
- The mobile app is slow
Verdict: This is the best cloud-based project management software as it can help marketing and product companies work with feedback, perform collaborations, track milestones, set up tasks, etc.
With it, you can share files, control documents with role-based user access, arrange thread discussions and collaborations. Teams can visualize task-related milestones and compare them with custom labels, establish participant dependencies and optimize workflows within processes.
6. SolarWinds Service Desk
Manage your IT infrastructure
- Fast performance
- It’s easy to schedule reports
- Online support
- Depreciation is not in-built
- No default report selection
Verdict: This asset management system software is easy to use and quite affordable, however, it doesn’t have some features that large companies may need.
Using it, you can assign tickets, perform routing and escalation on the front page. Besides, but it lets you keep hardware and software assets tracked and updated. With such functionality, you can bring to life all your new business ideas.
Management through a single cloud platform
- Manages hardware assets
- Consumables management
- Software license control
- Stockrooms organization
- The control module is complicated for beginners
Verdict: With this asset management tool, you can create a single data model to enhance and automate your workflow, get real-time visibility and increase productivity, which will allow you to shift operational IT costs to strategic.
It speeds up digital transformation and enhances user experience with machine learning and AI-chatbots. Thanks to the implemented machine learning technology that provides automation of basic tasks, you can improve your IT productivity by over 20%.
For small and midsize businesses
- Remote monitoring
- Script creation
- Configuring remote access to devices
- Detailed controls
- Not many reporting options
- Slow support
Verdict: This is the best asset management software for small and middle businesses in education, health care, manufacturing, IT and other spheres as it allows you to control network, automate tasks, carry out remote monitoring, background and patch managing, use reporting options and improve company branding.
It’s suitable for Windows and macOS. With it, you can get detailed information regarding processing, memory, network adapters, usage, service logs, etc. You can automatically track changes across your entire infrastructure.
For all types of assets with depreciation
- Allows managing several roles
- GPS tracking
- Depreciation of fixed assets
- Features inventory module
- Occasionally slow
Verdict: This is a very powerful asset management system software, which has a free basic version and supports custom fields, QR codes, audits, Excel import and export, GPS tracks, service, APIs, reports, analytics and inventory control.
There is also a paid version available for those who want to use such advanced features as company URL, data backups, recurring services, asset transfers and enhanced access management.
10. Ivanti IT Asset Management
Total asset optimization
- Mobile and desktop versions
- Simple-to-use UI
- Software licensing managing
- A lot of tech support options
- Time-consuming installation
- Impossible to upload files to the cloud
Verdict:With this asset management system, you can find assets, control finance, software compliance and licenses.
Its dashboard shows which assets are tracked, in what way they are utilized, how they are operating, and where they are located. It is suitable for those who are fine with installing on-site software.
11. BMC Track-It!
IT service management platform for Windows
- Network Detection feature
- Manages software licenses
- Mobile version
- Adjustable views
- Remote desktop is not necessary
- Outdated and confusing UI
- For older Windows versions
Verdict: This software keeps track of assets, changes and licenses. Besides, it has several reporting and analytics panels. There is also the knowledge management option, which you can use to create a database of known issues and their main solutions. The database enables you to detect repetitive trends and challenges.
This software also offers adjustable modules and is suitable mostly for Windows. It’s perfect for larger organizations that work with a consultant or supplier.
- Holistic asset tracking capabilities. A competent asset tracking software should incorporate real-time GPS tracking capabilities. ...
- Features. ...
- Security. ...
- Reporting. ...
- Mobile App. ...
- Cloud-enabled. ...
- Customization. ...
Asset tracking, also referred to as asset management, is a method of tracking a company's physical assets. This process captures the vital information by scanning barcode labels attached to them or using RFID (radio-frequency identification) tags or GPS (global positioning system) to broadcast their location.How do small businesses manage assets? ›
- Identify Your Assets. ...
- Assign Value to Them. ...
- Record Your Business Assets. ...
- Insure Them. ...
- Understand Your Assets and Taxes. ...
- Figure Out Your Depreciation Schedule. ...
- Leverage Your Assets in Valuing Your Business. ...
- Sell Assets the Right Way.
Asset management software can cost anywhere between $20.00 and $200.00 per user per month, depending on the type of software you choose and the capabilities that your business requires.What are the 3 main asset management types? ›
- Stocks (also called equities) Stocks have historically earned the highest returns over the long term. ...
- Fixed-income investments (also called bonds) ...
- Cash equivalents.
The three largest index fund managers—BlackRock, Inc. (“BlackRock”); State Street Global Advisors, a division of State Street Corporation (“SSGA”); and the Vanguard Group (“Vanguard”)—collectively known as the “Big Three,” own an increasingly large proportion of American public companies.How do I track assets in Excel? ›
- Step 1: Customize the Asset Tracker form template. ...
- Step 2: Map the schema file and customize the table layout in Excel. ...
- Step 3: Create a PivotTable and PivotChart summary report. ...
- Step 4: Collect asset information from users. ...
- Step 5: Import forms into Excel.
You can create an asset account in QuickBooks Online to track the current value and depreciation of your assets or the things that your company owns, like the following: Land. Vehicles. Buildings.What is the difference between asset tracking and asset management? ›
Depending on a company's use case needs, they will either opt for an asset tracking or asset management solution. Although asset tracking solutions' primary function is to track location, companies are finding crossover benefits that asset management systems typically offer, such as equipment utilization.What is the greatest asset of a small business? ›
It goes without saying, but employees can't be given a monetary value for the effort they put in to help the business earn profits. This results in excellent customer reviews and creating brand loyalty from customers. Therefore, employees are the most valuable assets an organization has.
Fixed assets, equity (equity investments, equity-linked savings schemes), real estate, commodities (gold, silver, bronze), cash and cash equivalents, derivatives (equity, bonds, debt), and alternative investments such as hedge funds and bitcoins are examples.What are the 3 main ways to get assets in a business? ›
- Through Liabilities. You can borrow money. ...
- Through Owner Investment. You can put your own money into the company. ...
- Through Profits. Sell products and services for more than it cost and create profits.
To start an investment company, you'll need to register with the Securities and Exchange Commission. You also must obtain a securities license from the state where you plan to do business. You may also need a broker-dealer license, depending on the products you plan to offer.What is software asset management tools? ›
What are SAM Tools? The software asset management (SAM) tools are products that provide automation to support tasks required to produce and maintain compliance with independent software vendor (ISV) license use rights and improve organizations' ability to optimize software risk and spend.What is asset management software? ›
Asset management software is a centralized system that allows your organization to track important details about each asset in real time. This decreases administrative costs, improves service and gives your organization greater visibility into asset utilization, costs and maintenance.What are the 7 types of assets? ›
- Cash and cash equivalents.
- Accounts Receivable.
- PPE (Property, Plant, and Equipment)
- Patents (intangible asset)
The five main asset classes are cash and cash equivalents, fixed-income securities, stocks and equities, funds, and alt investments.What are the 6 classes of assets? ›
An asset class is a way to categorize different types of investments with similarities. Types of asset classes include: stocks, bonds, Cash equivalents or money market vehicles, real estate, commodities, and cryptocurrency.Do asset managers make millions? ›
At the Portfolio Manager level, earning potential is around $1.0 – $1.5 million per year.What does ESG stand for? ›
ESG stands for Environmental, Social, and Governance. Investors are increasingly applying these non-financial factors as part of their analysis process to identify material risks and growth opportunities.
Vanguard set out in 1975 under a radical ownership structure that remains unique in the asset management industry. Our company is owned by its member funds, which in turn are owned by fund shareholders. With no outside owners to satisfy, we focus squarely on meeting the investment needs of our clients.Can I use Excel for asset management? ›
MS Excel can be used for storing inventory information. But it cannot automatically track assets or collect asset information; users will have to collect the data and enter it manually into the sheets.Do asset managers use Excel? ›
Excel Is Not Meant for Asset Management
Excel was not designed for tracking assets it is built for calculating and storing data. It's no big surprise that excel is not an effective tool for asset management!
An asset tracking spreadsheet is a tool for cataloging, managing, and tracking assets by name, ID number, vendor, and category. Use an asset tracking template to track reorder levels and cost per item, and to calculate your assets' total value.Does QBO have a fixed asset management system? ›
Fixed Asset Manager (FAM) is a feature available in QuickBooks Desktop that computes depreciation of fixed assets based on the standards published by IRS. Here are the terminologies, depreciation methods, and predefined reports in Fixed Asset Manager to help you better manage your asset information.How do I manage assets in QuickBooks? ›
- Open Fixed Asset Manager.
- In the Schedule tab, highlight all the assets that need to be assigned to a specific account.
- Right-click the selected assets and choose Assign G/L Accounts to Assets.
- Select the account, then OK.
In QuickBooks Online, the Fixed Item Asset List can be used to track individual assets. This list allows you to enter information pertaining to the amount you purchased an item for, the date you purchased the item, and whether you purchased the asset new or used.Is Hedge Fund same as asset management? ›
The only goal for asset management is to provide strong returns for the portfolio of assets as a whole. A hedge fund, while similar, is a collection of investment oversight that seeks greater returns through very risky types of investments.What is portfolio management VS asset management? ›
What is the difference between asset management and portfolio management? An asset manager is a portfolio manager. But they also manage everything else with monetary value, including cash, properties, and investments. In contrast, a portfolio manager solely handles a client's financial assets.What is the most profitable asset? ›
- Real Estate Assets.
- Savings Accounts.
- Certificates Of Deposits.
- Private Equity Investing.
- Peer-to-Peer Lending.
- Building A Business.
Small businesses with no employees have an average annual revenue of $46,978. The average small business owner makes $71,813 a year. 86.3% of small business owners make less than $100,000 a year in income.What math do business owners use? ›
Arithmetic. Arithmetic is part of the everyday life of a business owner. You'll need to be able to add, divide, subtract and multiply numbers to calculate your earnings, provide clients with estimates and pay your employees.What is another name for asset management? ›
The term asset management is synonymous with wealth management.Is asset management an ERP? ›
ERP is activities over assets
These platforms are generally created to help manage financial, sales, manufacturing, HR, and production processes. On the other hand, EAM only focuses on an organization's physical assets.
- Complete an asset inventory.
- Calculate life-cycle costs.
- Set levels of service.
- Apply cost-effective management.
- Execute long-term financial planning.
- Household furnishings.
- Real estate.
- Determine your stakeholders first,
- Understand what you want to allow (and restrict),
- Think of your existing tools,
- Set realistic timelines,
- Include IT early on,
- Leverage review sites,
- Do discovery calls, and.
- Choose a partner, not a vendor.
Best for Mobile Applications MMSoft Pulseway
We chose MMSoft Pulseway as the best asset management software for mobile applications because it excels at its primary focus as a leading cloud-first remote monitoring and management (RMM) software.
- Versatility. ...
- Free Trial. ...
- Budget. ...
- Integration. ...
- Flexibility. ...
- Possibility to Customize. ...
- Your Requirements. ...
- Ease of Understanding.
- Research the Company. With any asset manager, the first thing you should check is their credentials. ...
- History/Regulation. Another consideration is how well established the asset manager is, and what their history of asset management looks like. ...
- Complete an asset inventory.
- Calculate life-cycle costs.
- Set levels of service.
- Apply cost-effective management.
- Execute long-term financial planning.
But the most valuable asset or item on the internet today and in the foreseeable future is user online identity, so much so that the metaverse is merely a race to monopolize digital identity disguised as a more immersive internet.Does Microsoft have asset management? ›
Asset Management is an advanced module for managing assets and maintenance jobs in Dynamics 365 Supply Chain Management. Asset Management integrates seamlessly with several other finance and operations apps.Who is the largest asset manager? ›
Some common examples of software assets include software programs, software licenses, data rights, documentation, software development agreements, maintenance agreements, etc. These assets are typically used in the conduct of a business.What inventory method do most companies use? ›
FIFO is the preferred inventory valuation method for most businesses for a variety of reasons.Which company has the best inventory management system? ›
Top 8 Inventory Management Companies
- Extensiv AKA Scout TopShelf. ...
- Fishbowl. ...
- Netsuite. ...
- Lead Commerce. ...
- Veeqo. ...
- Infoplus. ...
- Odoo. ...
- Finale Inventory.
- Cin7: Best overall.
- Ordoro: Best for Multichannel Sellers.
- inFlow: Best for B2B and Wholesale Businesses.
- Katana: Best for Manufacturers.
- Zoho Inventory: Best Inventory Management Software Value.
- ShipBob Merchant Plus: Best For Hybrid Fulfillment.
Any minimums in terms of investable assets, net worth or other metrics will be set by individual wealth managers and their firms. That said, a minimum of $2 million to $5 million in assets is the range where it makes sense to consider the services of a wealth management firm.What percentage do asset managers take? ›
Management Fees: This fee is calculated as a percentage of assets under management. Typically this equates to 2% but can range from 1% to 4% depending on the fund.